ARB Rear Protection
Due to the long rear overhang on many modern 4×4 wagons and dual cab utes, rear quarter panels and factory bumper bars are very susceptible to damage, particularly when traversing steep, rocky terrain.
There is no better way to protect the back of your vehicle than with ARB’s range of rear protection equipment. Like all ARB products, our rear protection equipment is manufactured to extremely high standards for maximum strength and is designed specifically to suit each vehicle for the optimum fit.
The ultimate towing accessory
More than just a tow bar. The Summit ARB Rear Step Tow Bar offers an unparalleled combination of rear vehicle protection and towing capacities. Here, Deano takes us through the diverse set of features that set the Summit Rear Step Tow Bar apart.
Summit Rear Step Tow Bar
The Summit Rear Step Tow Bar combines class leading design, proven ARB engineering and a no compromise approach to protection and performance. Built around a tubular steel subframe that is finished in a textured black powder coat, the Summit rear bar includes an integrated tow hitch, provisions for an ARB air compressor and trailer camera wiring, 50 amp Anderson plug and trailer plug wiring.
With four easily accessible Hi-Lift jack points, the Summit rear bar is ready for the most demanding off road use.
Features Available in two models for vehicles with or without parking sensors
Rear Step Tow Bar
ARB’s Rear Step Tow Bars for utility vehicles combine an integrated, heavy duty towing system, providing a massive amount of protection for vulnerable rear panels.
Using an extremely strong, vehicle specific mounting system, the rear step tow bar will withstand immense off road punishment, whilst allowing for improved access to the tub and roof of the vehicle.
Like all ARB protection equipment, the product is finished in a durable powder coat, which doubles as an excellent base for colour coding.
ARB Rear Bar and Wheel Carrier
ARB’s range of rear bars, incorporating wheel carriers and jerry can holders, provide additional functionality while delivering high quality vehicle protection.
4WDs with the spare tyre mounted on the back door can suffer from unnecessary door assembly stress, while a spare wheel located underneath a vehicle can be difficult to access, be more prone to damage and may affect ground clearance when driving off road. Both of these mounting methods can also prove unsuitable if a larger tyre size is sought.
An ARB rear bar addresses all of these issues, relocating the spare tyre onto the bumper assembly via a swing out carrier.
- Wheel/jerry can carriers can be optioned on either side of the rear bar on most vehicles
- A single carrier can be fitted, or the rear bar can be installed without any carriers at all. Neat insert panels are used in this instance
- Twin 33” or a single 35” tyre can be accommodated on most vehicles
- Carriers are mounted via dual shear pivots for maximum strength
- Spare tyre is secured to the stud plate with a lock nut with the provision to fit a padlock to secure the stud plate to the carrier
- Multi fit spare wheel stud system provides flexibility for alternate rim selection
- Wing sections can be removed and replaced if they sustain damage
- Incorporates heavy duty towing system, or integration with original equipment tow point on some models
- Dual, laminated towing points and Hi-Lift jacking points
- Extruded alloy step section
- Supplied in a durable powder coat finish with optional colour coding available
- Provision to mount an optional HF aerial bracket and camp light
* Certain ARB rear bar models may not incorporate all of the above features
Not all vehicles require tyre carriers and jerry can holders. A rear bar alone provides greatly improved protection, versatility and vehicle access. Vehicle specific design ensures excellent ground clearance and departure angles along with a stylish and adventurous look for your 4×4.
Manufactured from steel for maximum strength, an ARB rear bar features a centre recess to accommodate various sized tyres (mounted on factory tyre carriers) along with dual Hi-Lift jacking points and a low slip tread to facilitate easy access to both the roof and inside of the vehicle. 2.5mm press formed steel wing panelsSide wing panels can be colour coded to suit vehicle (supplied in a black powder coat)60.3mm x 2.6mm steel tube frameAnodised aluminium top tread plateMoulded licence plate bezel and Narva LED licence plate lightReplaceable 2mm zinc plated stone guards to reduce damage to the inner rear face of vehicle beaver panel (vehicle dependent)
ARB Rear Summit Bumper Ford Ranger PX 2015- (arb,3640130) - Features
SUMMIT RSTB NO SENSORS