The truck suspension is a complex mechanism that effectively reduces the vibration generated when driving on an uneven road. And it also reduces the level of noise pollution that is inevitable during the movement of transport.
Truck developers pay great attention to the comfort and safety of their driving. Various technical devices are used for this purpose. One is the truck suspension. This is the most important node in the machine device. There is a particular interest in 4x4 suspensions as it experiences heavy loads while traveling. All components of suspension for truck: the torsion, pendant elevator sets, shock-absorbers, steering, spiral springs, springs, and other components can be bought in online store 4x4ok.com at the affordable prices. We only sell quality products for jeeps and trucks.
Best truck suspension on 4x4ok
Any type of suspension consists of the following elements:
- Elastic components. Smooth movement of transport on the road surface of any type is ensured.
- Guide devices. The truck suspension is an integral part of the running gear directly connected to the wheel pair.
- Vibration dampers. Simple springs and springs are used here, more modern models of car hangers actively use strong, wear-resistant pneumatic cylinders.
- Transverse stability stabilizers. They are responsible for critical roll levels during movement on an uneven surface.
Thus, suspension for trucks is a complex mechanism that effectively reduces vibration that occurs when driving on an uneven road. And it also reduces the level of noise pollution that is inevitable during the movement of transport. The truck suspension system is responsible for the prevention of roll above critical indicators determined by the manufacturer and external operating conditions. It dampens oscillations and tilts occurring during steep turns or in case of emergency braking.
How to choose 4x4 truck suspension
In order to select qualitative parts of the truck suspension, it is necessary to pay attention to such components as:
- Optimal stiffness characteristic is the relationship between the normal (perpendicular to the bearing surface) load on the wheel and the deformation (deflection), measured as the normal movement of the wheel center relative to the body;
- Optimal kinematics; operation guide device at vertical movements, roll or galloping (longitudinal angular oscillations) of the vehicle body;
- Optimal damping characteristics - damping of vibrations of wheels and car body caused by road irregularities;
- Minimum number of non-compressed parts; these include wheels and tires, wheel brake mechanisms, rotary fists, axles, etc;
- Good wheel-road contact;
- Low noise and vibration; during operation of the vehicle there are scripts due to friction in metal hinges, rubber supports and elastic elements and knocks in hinges due to their wear and formation of gaps;
- Rational layout diagram.
Many wonders which suspension on a truck to choose? But the choice of a device such depends on many factors that are mentioned above. Nor will it be unnecessary to focus on producers. To avoid walking away with the right choice, consult with specialists in the workshop or with a pro on our website.