Tougher, stronger and more capable - That's the motto that General Motors used when debuting the all-new fleet of heavy-duty trucks in 2020. ICON Vehicle Dynamics stayed true to GM engineers' thought process with the development of our suspension systems for the 2020-UP GM HD 2500/3500 trucks. Using ICON's holistic engineering philosophy, our R&D team went above and beyond to develop several stages of complete suspension systems that provide varying levels of adjustability, capability, and overall vehicle performance. ICON's Stage 1 system is comprised of V.S. 2.5 Aluminum Series internal reservoir front shocks, 2.0 Aluminum Series internal reservoir rear shocks, and billet aluminum Delta Joint upper control arms. The ICON vehicle specific tuned 2.5" front shocks are the key to attaining optimum ride quality and getting that desired comfort with the 3/4 & 1-ton working capability. Additionally, ICON billet upper control arms add strength, durability, additional caster and camber adjustment, and when paired with extended travel shocks increases wheel travel 2" over the OEM configuration. While driving the construction site or trails to your favorite dirt bike location, ICON wants you to get there in comfort just like your drive to work.
This system features upper control arms with ICON's patented Delta Joint. The Delta Joint is a heavy-duty high angle ball joint that combines the durability of a ball joint with the performance characteristics of a traditional uniball. While the industry standard uniball does a great job of allowing the control arms of a vehicle to articulate with little bind, they do have an inherent weakness that leaves more to be desired when used in a daily driven application - exposure to the elements. The Delta Joint features a zinc plated housing providing the first layer of corrosion resistance, while a tough grease seal keeps potentially harmful elements out of the inner workings of the joint. Metal on metal construction and a greaseable design increase the longevity of the Delta Joint while at the same time allowing for noise-free operation. What makes the Delta Joint unique is that it brings the best of both worlds to ICON upper control arms with features that make it more robust than a uniball, and at the same time capable of greater angularity than a typical ball joint.
features & Benefits
- 0-2” Adjustable lift height over stock
- Vehicle specific tuned 2.5" front and 2.0” rear shocks for superior shock damping and control
- Improved ride quality over stock with no change in towing capacity
- Billet aluminum Delta Joint UCAs allow for additional caster/camber adjustment
- Wheel travel increase of 2" over stock
- 100% Bolt-on system - no drilling, cutting, or welding necessary for install
- 6061 Aircraft grade aluminum CNC machined components
- Corrosion resistant anodized aluminum shock bodies
- OEM Wheels & Tires Fitment: Yes
- Recommended Aftermarket Wheels: ICON Alloys | 18x9 with 5.5” Backspace / 12mm Offset
- Recommended Aftermarket Wheels: ICON Alloys | 20x9 with 5.5” Backspace / 12mm Offset
- Recommended Aftermarket Tires: 35" x 12.50" (Larger tires may fit but fender trimming and modifications will be required.)
- APPLICATION NOTE #55: SHOCKS ARE FULLY SERVICEABLE. COILOVER HEIGHTS INDICATED ARE FOR A STOCK EQUIPPED VEHICLE
- APPLICATION NOTE #65: NOT SOLD SEPARATELY, ONLY SOLD IN COMPLETE KIT FORM AS LISTED
- APPLICATION NOTE #113: 26.13" IS MAX MEASUREMENT FROM FENDER TO HUB, EXCEEDING THE MAXIMUM LIFT HEIGHT OF 26.13" CAN LEAD TO COMPONENT FAILURE NOT COVERED BY ICON WARRANTY
- TECH NOTE: The additional down travel provided by an ICON Suspension System can cause clearance issues between the sway bar and the stock splash guard as the suspension approaches full extension. ICON Vehicle Dynamics 2020-UP GM HD Splash Guard Kit, part number 77202 recommended.
- 78732 (QTY: 1) | 20-UP GM HD 0-2" IR SHOCK SYS W/ BILLET UCA
- 76529 (QTY: 2) | 01-UP GM HD 0-1" REAR 2.0 VS IR
ICON K78351 Stage 1 Suspension System 0-2" GMC Sierra/Chevrolet Silverado 2500/3500 20-22 - Features
Lift Height, inch
Icon Vehicle Dynamics